Patriotic color combinations of red, white and blue are especially popular during the 4th of July weekend. But why limit yourself to the enjoyment of this casual and fun color combination for just one weekend? While patriotic in nature, this color combo also symbolizes relaxing days at the beach, nautical activities and other stress-reducing endeavors. Here are several ways you can use this cheerful color combination in your home all summer long.
- Proudly fly the American flag all summer, in fact all year, long
- Raid your home decor closet and pull out white pitchers, cobalt blue vases and cheery red bowls to display flowers, serve snacks or just group together on a table top in lieu of your standard centerpiece.
- Grab a brush and paint an old end table in your favorite shade of red or blue. I guarantee it will instantly update your country or cottage style family, living or bedroom.
- Break out the fabric and make colorful accent pillows, lampshades or recover a chair seat–a simple DIY project. Fabric manufacturers offer literally thousands of fabrics that incorporate this color combination. Patterns might include the expected stars and stripes along with florals, checks and geometrics and maybe even a fish or two. You are sure to find just the right fabric to reupholster a chair, sew some accent pillows or create beautiful window treatments.
No matter what style decor you prefer, it is possible to introduce a red, white and blue color combo as seen on this very formal french chair
via istock photo
- Don’t overlook something as simple as wall art. You can frame a real flag, hang a tapestry or create a gallery wall of vacation photos framed in red, white and blue to add a whimsical element to the display.
How do you keep the look and feel of fun summer holidays alive all season long?